COMMITTED TO YOUR KAYAKING EXPERIENCE
Milwaukee Kayak Tours is committed to providing our guests with a great paddling experience. Along with the very best equipment and a fantastic location that is appropriate for paddlers of all skill levels, you can be sure that you have a great day on the Milwaukee River by following these recommendations:
- Reservations are not required, but the number of kayaks is limited, so to make sure you can paddle when you want, reservations are a good idea. Reserve a boat online or call (414) 301-3766 to get more information.
- Rental craft must be returned to Milwaukee Kayak Tours (The Harp) no later than 30 minutes before closing.
- Your rental includes a life jacket. Everyone paddling or riding in a Milwaukee Kayak Tours boat must be wearing a properly fitted USCG-approved life jacket – no exceptions.
- No one under the age of 3 is allowed on any paddle craft rented from Milwaukee Kayak Tours. Children ages 3-16 must be accompanied by an adult and have their waiver forms signed by a parent or legal guardian. You can print a copy of the waiver and rental agreement here: (not linked yet)
- Alcohol and illegal drugs are not allowed in any Milwaukee Kayak Tours rental boats – no exceptions. FRPS staff reserves the right to refuse rentals to anyone who appears to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol. Safety on the river is our number one priority!
- There is plenty of free parking available at both of our locations.
- Paddling is a water activity and you will get at least a little damp, so dress in clothing that can get wet and will dry quickly. Feel free to bring a change of clothes as well.
- Wear footwear that can get wet. Protect your feet!
- You can purchase cold beverages and food at The Harp which we operate out of.
Most paddlers want to bring their cell phones along on the water for photos and for safety. If you plan to do so, we strongly recommend that you use a good quality waterproof case made for cell phones. Some cases will allow you to use your smartphone without removing it from the case. Zip-lock plastic bags are not waterproof and will not protect your phone if it takes an unintentional swim. Milwaukee Kayak Tours is not responsible for any lost or damaged property.